- Cows' Milk Allergy
- Critical Care & Surgery
- Nutrison Protein Intense Fact Sheet
- Success Page Nutrison Factsheet
- Dysphagia & Stroke
- Early Alzheimer’s Disease
- Faltering Growth
- Adult Product Range Suitable as a Sole Source of Nutrition
- Success page-Adult Product Range Suitable as a Sole Source of Nutrition
- Nutricia high protein nutrition support guide
- Download Fortisip compact protein factsheet
- Success page
- Inborn Errors of Metabolism
- Wound Care
Sarcopenia is the loss of muscle mass and strength, increasing your risk of a fall1,2,3.Affecting 34% of people over 65 years, ask your doctor about a grip test for diagnosis.1.
Fortunately, you can treat and prevent this disease with a high protein intake and exercise.1,4,5,6.
The importance of protein and exercise in active ageing.
Professor Andrea Maier, world class expert in Ageing and Sarcopenia reminds us all of the importance of a high protein diet and exercise as we age, to protect our mobility and independence. Click here to hear what she had to say during her special guest segment on The Café in New Zealand, 2017.
Fortisip® provides you with the energy, protein and nutrition your muscles need to maintain mobility and strength.
If you aren’t sure you are eating sufficient protein, or may be at risk of Sarcopenia, then ask your HCP if Fortisip® is right for you.
Find out more about Sarcopenia
Content beyond this point is for healthcare professionals only.
Please click the button and scroll down to reveal more information.
Get a Grip on Sarcopenia
Diagnosing your patients for Sarcopenia is simple, and has been shown to save healthcare costs as well as improve the clinical outcomes for patients.
Help patients get a grip on Sarcopenia with Fortisip®
Recent studies have shown that 50% of healthy older people do not eat sufficient protein to meet the recommendation for their age.
Fortisip® helps older people meet their recommended PROTEIN intake to aid in the prevention and reversal of SARCOPENIA.
To learn more about Sarcopenia request more information
Learn more about Sarcopenia from Professor Andrea Maier, world class expert in Ageing and Sarcopenia, during the Nutricia sponsored Sarcopenia Roadshow across Australia and New Zealand in 2017.
For more information on exercise recommendations, download the Sarcopenia Pocket Card*.
FOR HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS ONLY
- Reijnierse EM, et al. PLoS ONE 2017;12(10):e0185837
- Beaudart C, et al. Archives of Public Health. 2014;72:45.
- Cruz-Jentoft AJ, et al. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care.2010;13:1–7.
- Daly RM. Climacteric. 2017;20(2):119–124.
- Kim HK, et al. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2012;60(1):16–23.
- Diagnosing Sarcopenia. University of Melbourne, The Royal Melbourne Hospital, VRIJE University Amsterdam.